Monday, September 13, 2010

I told him everything was political, and he asked me what that meant.

Well, I'll tell you what it meant.  It meant that everything about our lives, every event and action, has political implications.  Whether it's in your school, your family, or internationally, your actions have consequences.

Politics is defined as "the art or science of government or governing, especially the governing of a political entity, such as a nation, and the administration and control of its internal and external affairs."  Or at least, it is according to answers.com.  More accurately, and with more comprehensible language, politics is the way we as people decide to organize ourselves - or, in some cases, control each other.  Whatever floats your boat, right?

Wrong.  Because sometimes, through a difference of ideologies, culture, or economy, people use their politics to belittle, opress, et al, their fellow man.  Only through the efforts of free people who are able to fight inequality are people saved from opression.  It is the responsibility of the citizen to be aware of the world around them, and passionate about their love for the world.

Enter, me.  The Girl With One Eye - an eye for politics, that is!  See what I did there?  That was a pun!  Leaving aside my undeniable hilarity, let me tell you a bit about myself.  I'm a student who's passionate about politics, love, dance, music and a host of other things, and I want this blog to spark discussion.  If you have something to say, please don't hesitate to comment, or email, or whatever it is you do.  Without discussion, there's no point in expressing opinion.  I don't want to be talking to myself - I do enough of that on my own time.

This is just my intro letter - your little window into me, as it were.  My political opinions on a variety of subjects will be coming your way momentarily.  So until I experience something that sparks my interest, I will leave you.  Enjoy your life in the meantime,

The Girl With One Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment